Monday, September 10, 2007

Apology Post

So, I haven't posted in a really long time. There is actually a really good explanation for that (read as: I think it's a good explanation). You see, I bought this little game called Persona 3.

And, yeah, there went my life. Literally. I swear, I've started, like 3 different posts on Persona 3, and each one ends the same way: I get distracted and start playing Persona 3, instead. It's pretty much hopeless.

Let me use this pointless and convoluted example to explain just how far gone I am. Imagine if my attention were a solution. Like any solution, we could measure the concentration of the various things that I'm typically thinking about, particularly during my free time. Each of these items would be at some very small value, probably in parts per million or billion. Some examples would include the blog, movies, books, work, anime, music, girls, you know, whatever. However, at this time, we could not accurately measure the concentration of thoughts involving Persona 3, because, in this analogy, Persona 3 would be the goddamn water that everything else is dissolved in (and it would be very pure, most certainly potable water at that).

So, yeah, hopefully, that puts everything in perspective. Or it makes me sound weird. Or, more likely, both.

As a warning, this little problem could continue for awhile. I've put about 45 hours into the game so far, and I think I'm about 2/3 of the way through my first play through. Yes, that's right, as soon as I beat the game I intend to immediately start back from the beginning all over again. Yes, I'm stupid.

But, despite setbacks such as these, I will persevere. Although the blog crashed and burned in a fiery death full of flaming fire (whoo, fire!), it will rise from its ashes and ascend back to the glorious heights of just a few weeks prior. And all will be well (I can't guarantee that last part, more likely something else will distract me and we'll get to do this all over again, whoo!).

Well, that is all.

Francis

No comments: