Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Oh my God!

Wow. I just saw what the font looks like on PCs. Here I'd been reading all these blogs about the differences in font rendering styles between Macs and PCs. Up until now, it was totally theoretical to me since I basically just use a Mac. I would look at the little picture differences and think to myself: "Whatever". Now, though. It just hit home. And, apparently, Windows sucks. I can't believe how terribly it treats my beautiful little fixed width Courier font. The lower case m's are just blobs, for goodness sake. I purposely bold my font so it doesn't look all thin, but that's not good enough for Windows. It still looks thin, but now it looks gross too. Sigh.

And don't even get me started about that title. It looks like something that came out of a Lite Brite set. It's literally, like 10 block sized pixels trying to make up each of my letters. What's the deal? What happened to anti-aliasing and ClearType and all that jazz? I write long posts and I want a nice serif font. But, I guess that's too much to ask for. I don't want to have to settle for Times. I hate Times.

In all honesty, I think my Mac and my PC are reading Blogspot's definition of Courier as two different fonts (as in, I'm seeing Courier New on my Mac and Courier on the PC, which is just weird).

So, yeah, I'm going to have to change all the font appearances so they don't look like complete crap. Wish me luck.

That is all.

Francis

PS - Whoo for posting during my lunch hour!

No comments: